Ahhhh . . . it’s almost here. Can you feel it? That crisp fall air is coming through the window, that pumpkin spice candle is burning strong. You’ve just put on your slippers and cozy sweater to read a book in front of the fire
Unless you live in Atlanta, GA, where it’s going to be 90 today and the A/C is still running 24/7. But nonetheless, the time is ticking by and it is absolutely fall (or at least that’s what they tell me).
Fall also means that those of you that are planning holiday trips to Walt Disney World are in the thick of the planning! So I’m sitting in my home office, listening to Disney World Christmas Music and getting into the Christmas spirit, well, at least while writing this blog post. Then I’ll go back to enjoying that it’s only fall.
I get asked a lot about Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and if it’s worth it?? Here’s why that answer is a resounding YES for the Lefforges. Ready?? Here we go!
- You don’t need park admission to attend! The party ticket is your admission to the park. Yes, it’s pricey (prices vary from $89 to $159 depending on when you go with discounts available for certain night for Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members) but for that price you can get in as early as 4pm with only your party ticket and stay until midnight. Not a bad value considering all that’s included!
- The treats!! There are a variety of different cookie stations set up throughout the park, each with their own special goodies including sugar cookies, gingerbread and snickerdoodles and hot chocolate or egg nog. And it’s all free! Well, it’s included. Which isn’t free. I get that.
- The lower crowds! Now, hear me, it’s not empty or anything and during the parade, shows and fireworks it will feel downright crowded. But touring the rest of the park will feel significantly less crowded than a normal day, and you’ll be able to walk on many rides. Some headliners will still have long lines, and my advice is not to wait in them. Save those attractions for a day when you can use a Fastpass. (FP plus is not available during the party hours of 7 – midnight but you CAN reserve FP between 4 and 6. We’ve made ours during that time for Peter Pan, Jingle-Jungle Cruise and Space Mountain)
- The Holiday Spirit! I honestly don’t know what it is. I mean, it’s not like the Magic Kingdom isn’t ALWAYS magical. But the people who are there for the party are just IN IT. You’ll hear people singing, see them dancing in the streets, and everybody is decked out in their theme park holiday finery which consists, typically, of mouse ears, Christmas t-shirts and light up necklaces. I love the atmosphere!
- The Shows and Parades! The shows are cute and the fireworks spectacular, but Friends, it’s the Christmas Parade that this girl is really there for. And unlike every other parade in the Magic Kingdom, I think this one must be watched from Main Street. Because it snows. And those toy soldiers with the horns? SWOON. I seriously just can’t even. We try to attend the second parade as it’s far less crowded. Love. Love. Love.
I hope that, whatever you decide, you have a wonderful holiday visit to Walt Disney World, whether you’re going this year or just dreaming about going someday! It really is the most magical time of year at the most magical place on earth!